Tonuino 3.1: Party modus error

Hi! Still quite new here, but love the community and the Tonuino concept as a whole.

I’m having some issues with my build, specifically with Party Modus in the Tonuino TNG 3.1 build.

One folder contains 31 files, corretly labeled, but when I write a new Party Modus card, it always shuffle 58 songs. The DF Player can’t find song, let’s say 51 in a 31 folder map. The console returns DF player error 6 this way and I’m forced to press „next song“.

Another folder has a different error. This folder contains 193 songs, correctly labelled, but when I create a Party Modus card, it only shuffles the first 30 songs. I never hear a song beyond 30.

Is this something in the EEPROM? Should i reset, write new cards, is this a known issue? I could find anything on the forums or over on Github. Could someone please point me in the right direction?

Sorry, both folders always seem to shuffle up to 31, whether there are more files or fewer. Is this standard?

Usually that is a bug of the DFPlayer Mini. There are ones that don’t return the number of tracks of the folder, which was requested, but the number of the folder which was played before. If nothing played before, this is the folder, which was put on the TF-Card first.

There is a topic about the known problems different players have. These problems were the reason why the Leiterkartenpiraten developed a player for the TonUINO.

As a workaround you can use the section modes, then the first and last track are taken from the card or you always play a short track (silence or you set volume to 0) before the number of tracks in the folder is requested.

This is already an Leiterkartenpiraten DF Player. I have bought
3, I’ll try a different one this afternoon. Is this a production error, or a flaw with the PCB? Should I ask for another one?

As a workaround you can use the section modes, then the first and last track are taken from the card or you always play a short track (silence or you set volume to 0) before the number of tracks in the folder is requested.

Do you mean the „Special Party Mode“? I’ll also try this this afternoon, will update!

I can’t re produce this with my own firmware and the LKP player. So I assume this is an issue with either the 3.1 software or your SD card (too large, too fancy etc.).

Okay, so far, things I tried:

• Replacing the Leiterkartenpiraten DF player with another Leiterkartenpiraten DF player: This did not change anything.
  • Special party mode: A great workaround! This works swell for folders which are „misread“ as MORE files. However, in folders with a lot of files, and a lower read number, this does not work. The special mode only lets me select the top read number, not the actual top number.
  • Copying the SD card and writing a new, fresh formated card: I try using branded SD cards, so far I’ve tried a Sandisk Ultra and Sandisk Extreme Pro. Nothing.

None of my filenames on the entire card have titles beyond a number. So just 001, 002, 003, … instead of 001 - Song 1, 002 - Song 2, … They do however still have songtitle and artist as metadata. I have not tried deleting all this metadata, for obvious reasons.

Is this a bug in the way the the number of files is read? Something with the numTracksInFolder value? I also asked this on the Tonuino TNG Github, I’ll post here if a solution pops up.

You could also try https://fat-sorter.software.informer.com. That helped in this case, where the number of tracks was wrong, too.

After LOTS of messing with the SD cards, formating and trying not to copy full folders but piece by piece, I tried using an offbrand but 16GB sd card. This worked straight away with no issue whatsoever. Weird, but 16GB solved everything!