English Support

Hello Guys!

I think that TonUINO is now International, I’m Michele and I’m new in the community, Italian and currently living in Wien.
This week I’ve ordered the components and yesterday assembled everything. With my little knowledge of german and Google translate I’ve managed properly so far but now I need some support.
I did’nt get how to organise the mp3s and the folders and how to setup and how to assign to every mp3 the correct card.
Can somebody help me?
Thanks

Hi Michele, benvenuto :wink:

the sd-card has to be formatted fat16 or fat. This means you can only use cards up to 32gb.
The structure should be:

/mp3
/advert
/01
/02

/99

Use the files from the repository for the folders advert and mp3.
Put your own files in the folders 01 to 99. Each folder can contain 255 mp3 files named 001.mp3, 002.mp3 up to 255.mp3.

Prepare a folder on your pc and copy it to the card in one go.

Put your sd card in the dfplayer, power everything on and put a rfid card on the reader and leave it there.

Now TONuino asks for the folder to attach to this rfid card. Navigate through the folders with the vol-up vol-down button and press play for the folder you like. TONuino says the number and starts playing the first file in the folder while navigating.
Next it asks for the mode for the selected folder. Again navigate through modes with vol-up and vol-down and press play if done.

Your card is now connected to the folder.

Repeat with other RFID-Cards for more folders.

Cheers, Daniel

1 „Gefällt mir“

Hi Daniel. Thanks for the support, I have managed to register the cards :slight_smile:
Two more question for today.
The volume is not working, what can be wrong?
How can I reconfigure a card already registered?

Thanks

Michele

That depends on the software you have installed. On the stable one you need to long press the volume buttons for volume change. And hold play Pause to reconfigure a card. On the DEV version you can change the button behavior on the admin menu (i.E. swap volume with next track). The reconfigure card is in the admin menu as well when you use the DEV version.

6 Beiträge wurden in ein(e) neue(s) topic aufgespalten: Weitere Sprachen für die Voice Prompts

Super, thanks.
I have installed the stable. And is working fine. For the DEV I have to change something in the Hardware ( connections of buttons etc) or is everything the same?

No change to the hardware, but you need to swap out the mp3 and advert folders as well because the DEV has more audio prompts. @nanos translations are for the DEV so you can try these.

Hello,

I am also interested in english support! :innocent:

I’m Nicolas, I live in Toulouse in the south west of France and I’m doing a Tonuino for my 2 year old daughter.

Hello Nicolas and very welcome to the community, is there a specific Problem we can help with or is this a wish in general and you wana something like a english Manual / FAQ or something simular?

I met some problems of assembly but seem resolved (I have sound, light, badges are read).
Now I try to make it work and it is true that an English manual (or at least in German) would be very practical.
I translated the speech.txt file into French, but I still can not generate the mp3 files (either under linux with create-soundfiles.sh or windows with text2speech)

@nanos did a translation of the current DEV sound files to English. You can download them here. Maybe this helps to get you started. You need to flash the DEV version though, which brings some extended functionality.

Thanks for the suggestion, however I try to do the version on ESP32… is it compatible? I’m not sure.

Well there is several ESP32 ports. I suggest you ask in the thread of the particular port. I am not sure if the audio prompts are the same or not. I doubt it though.

Guten Morgen zusammen,

Ich bin Jack und dies ist mein erster Beitrag in deinem Forum. :wink:

Nachdem ich ein paar Tage lang Tonuino und Arduino studiert habe, was ich entdecke, habe ich gerade die Bearbeitung beendet und mache heute Abend meinen ersten Test. Es funktioniert fast… Lol!

Mein Hauptproblem ist, dass ich überhaupt kein Deutsch verstehe. Gibt es hier Leute, die Französisch sprechen?

Ich begrüße LePtitNicolas de Toulouse auf dem Weg. Wir sind fast Nachbarn. :slight_smile:

Es tut mir leid, wenn mein Text falsch übersetzt ist. Vielen Dank Google.

Good morning, everyone,

I’m Jack and this is my first post on your forums. :wink:

After spending a few days studying Tonuino and Arduino, which I am discovering, I have just finished editing and are doing my first test tonight. It almost works… Lol!

My main problem is that I don’t understand German at all. Are there people who speak French here?

I greet LePtitNicolas de Toulouse on the way. We are almost neighbours. :slight_smile:

Sorry if my text is mistranslated. Thank you Google.

Hi Jack. Nice of you to be here.
Maybe someone is able to give french support. So long I can only advise you to use deepl.com for translations. It has better results than google.

Hi Nanos,

Yes, I just discovered deepl.com and you’re right, it’s better than Google and much more convenient.

This is convenient for me because I use translations a lot.

We’ll see in use if friends understand what I’m saying. :wink:

Hey @jack31, what is almost? What issues do you have?

Hello Stephan and @ all,

I don’t know yet.

I plugged in the montage last night for the first time, the speaker didn’t sing, and I didn’t really know how to declare my first tag.

The good news is that the tags are recognized and I have high hopes for today.

In fact, I need to do the assembly again in a cleaner way and finish learning with the FAQ’s about the RFID card registration procedure.

In an hour or two maybe…:wink:

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator

Do you see everything recognized fine on the console in the Arduino IDE? It should give you an error message if the NFC reader is not recognized. You should see activity when you hold an empty card near the reader as well. It’s important to have the card near the reader the whole time. Don’t remove it or the the registration will fail.

If you have problems with the German Prompts have a look at my Firmware, it does not have 100% the same functionality as the current DEV (it lacks the recent modifiers and some other minor things) but almost everything else is there (plus LED and infrared remote support). I offer everything I have in german and english (documentation and audio). Maybe this helps you to get familiar with the system. You can then switch back to the official firmware anytime once you know how everything works in principle.

Okay, Stephen.

I just downloaded the alternative, I’m setting up the circuit, trying and coming back to tell you what’s going on.

Thanks for the welcome and advice:)